Today, I am sharing with you Tonkatsu recipe. Tonkatsu (Ton=Pork, Katsu=Cutlet) is one of the most popular Japanese foods.
- 380g (13.4 oz) of pork loin
- 300g (10.5 oz) of pork fillet
- sliced cabbage
- Pinch of salt and peppers
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 cups of Japanese bread crumbs Panko (Panko=lighter, crispier and crumbs)
- Tonkatsu sauce (You can use Okonomi sauce if you don’t have Tonkatsu sauce. I usually use Okonomi sauce. Okonomi sauce is very useful.)
- Karashi (Japanese mustered)
2 or 3 servings. 🙂
Sprinkle pinch of salt and peppers both sides of the pork.
Cover it with flour and dip it in beaten eggs. Then coat with Panko.
170°C (340°F) deep fry both sides for about 5 minutes.
Until nicely brown color.
Very easy and tasty. Hope you like Tonkatsu recipe and try it. 🙂